Saturday 9 April 2011

Scene one, Act one...

For the first post, I thought I'd set the scene.  Just how on earth did this all happen?  Well... I started 30-"ish" years ago in Gloucestershire.  And a lot of stuff happened and now I'm a grown up (on paper at least) in Yorkshire.  I've always been a bit crafty, my mum taught me to knit when I was little, and I've taught myself to crochet wonky squares and wiggly worms.  And then for a wedding last year, I decided to make a fascinator, and jewellery for my bezzie mate Katherine and myself.  And since then I've never been far away from beads, my jewellery making pliers, jump rings and silver wire!!

2010 had been a bit so-so, I'd moved house early in the year and then spent the rest of the year sort of drifting along, not really doing much.  So at new year Katherine suggested taking my jewellery making up a notch... so basically this is all her fault!!!  I opened my folksy shop http://www.petitsbijoux.foksy.com/ in February, and I've got myself booked in to loads of craft and art shows.

I've fallen in love with semi precious gemstones.  I love the way that as they are naturally occurring, no two are ever identical, you can never really predict what they will ever look like.  I like trying to work these delicate variances into my designs.

So, that's you lot up to speed.  Keep posted for more updates!!!  More coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment