Tuesday 12 April 2011

Progress!!

After much um-ing and ah-ing I have finally sorted out the layout for my tables at these forthcoming shows.  The display stands I had made, although in principle were a good idea, turned out RUBBISH!!!  I have been collecting the lids from the paper ream boxes at work, as I have been after A4-sized strong cardboard, and as it would otherwise go in the bin, I thought no harm in snaffling them!!!  So I trimmed them down to size, and covered them in fabric (and old bed sheet!).  To neaten them up, I glued a sheet of lightweight card to the back, to cover up the rough fabric edges - BIG MISTAKE!!!  A week or so later, I think the glue must have shrunk or something as they are wonky and while they are undoubtedly handmade (!), they don't really present a professional image.  So... back to the drawing board!!

I've spent several hours trawling the internet for stands I could use instead.  Ideally I wanted something a similar size to the A4 I had incorporated into my plan, but most of what I could find was either teeny tiny or ghastly and cheap looking.  Not what I wanted at all!  Until eBay!!  Why didn't I think of that before???  What a numpty.  So on its way to me now (dispatched within 2 hours of ordering, not too shabby eh??) is this:


Cue host of singing angels!!!  Can't wait for it to arrive so I can have a practise!!

I have also made a full list of everything I've made so far.  Way more than I had thought!  However, I have noticed a few 'gaps' which I will need to fill in.  Those spiral flower earrings  for starters
(these ones!)
 - I've only done 3 colour ways, so a hunt through my bead stash, and Bob's your uncle.  Well, he will be soon anyways!

And I'm also hunting for a bit of inspiration for using up some lovely lucite flower beads which were sent to me as a free gift.  
Aren't they lovely?!

I have been trying to source some bead caps to fit them but :o( fail...  So I'm setting myself the challenge of making some.  Hmmmm this will either work amazingly or, er, not.  So that's my task this week!  I'll keep you posted of how they turn out!!!

And finally RIP my favourite bag.  Sob... but yippee!!! Its replacement has been ordered from Little Blue Elephant www.LittleBlueElephant.folksy.com Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment